Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Santa Cruz 50K

I ran a 50K in Santa Cruz in late september.  The most novel part of the course is the four river crossings
of the San Lorenzo River.


Santa Cruz 50K - crossing the San Lorenzo River from Mike on Vimeo.

This race was my first trail race after I moved to California in 2008, and the course is beautiful so I have fond
memories of this race, but this year it was quite a slog.  Two weeks earlier I ran the Rae Lakes Loop in one day and my back was still sore, and I had some heart events which were much stronger than normal so the day was very tough. It took me more than 40 minutes longer to finish this year, and i think only 3 people ran the race slower than I did.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are absolutely right about the pumpkin patch comment! ;)

    ReplyDelete